That retro feeling

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Photobucket


Hi girls! I hope your week had an amazing start- right now, I'm getting psychologically ready to spend more than 12 hours at the university every Tuesday. I wore this to have lunch with some friends at a sushi placed in Miami called Umami (amazing food, and great prices... yes, I'm a sushi lover). We were supposed to go last week for Gabo's late bday celebration but I was in Chile. About my outfit, as soon as I saw the pics..  I got a retro vibe- probably because of the corduroy shorts, the tie-up shirt and the platforms (it reminded me of these high school pics from 1969, which I absolutely adore!). I wanted to pair these mustard shorts with some navy platforms and a simple bag for a laid-back/casual look (oh btw, the bag, from Inverted Commas, is made of organic bottom and hand painted). I hope you like the outfit! Thanks for stopping by!
___________________


Hola a todas! Espero que su semana haya empezado cheverísimo, yo me estoy preparando psicológicamente para pasar más de 12 horas en la universidad todos los martes. Esto fue lo que usé el fin de semana para almorzar sushi con unos amigos- que nos habían invitado por el cumpleaños de Gabo hace unas semanas (pero se tuvo que posponer un poco porque estuve en Chile la semana pasada). Sobre mi outfit, apenas lo vi en las fotos.. me dió una vibra retro por lo alto de los shorts y la tela de pana + la camisa amarrada + plataformas (me recordó a estas fotos de gente en el colegio en 1969).  Quise combinar el short mostaza con unas plataformas azules y una cartera sencilla para que tuviera un aire más casual (por cierto; la cartera, de Inverted Commas, es ecológica y hecha a mano!). Espero que les guste, un abrazo a todas!


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Shorts: c/o Romwe
Top: c/o 2020 Ave
Shoes: c/o Naughty Monkey
Sunglasses: Furor Moda
Bracelets: Forever 21
Watch: Swatch

48 comments

  1. Ya te había dicho por twitter que me encantó este outfit, la combinación de mostaza con azul me fascinó <3 quedó todo perfecto, hasta el moño de la camisa! xD

    saludos!
    www.sabrilettsarmoire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous! I love the shorts!!
    ~Pau
    www.lilbitsofchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your outfit! You look amazing!

    http://thedamselinadress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute I really like the yellow shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love it <3 http://sweetcreationsbbb.blogspot.mx/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this yellow mustard high wasted shorts! Next time try to do pin up ;)

    Check out my blog it would make my day!

    Love, Diana
    Blog: Dirty Diana's Style Blog
    Facebook: Dirty Diana's Facebook Page
    Twitter: Dirty Diana's Twitter
    Tumblr: Dirty Diana's Tumblr
    Pinterest: Dirty Diana's Pinterest
    Instagram: dirttydiana,Dirty Diana's Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! Loving the color combo. ;)

    Marissa
    www.thesimpleswan.blogspot.com
    A Fashion, Beauty, and Maternity blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the outfit so much!! love the mustard shorts! :)

    xoxo,
    thelivingcloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the cutout detail of that top - you look fabulous! I understand those long hours at the uni - hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the cutout detail of that top - you look fabulous! I understand those long hours at the uni - hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice outfit, love your shorts! :)

    http://fashionflirtblog.blogspot.com/

    Jasmin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply love your blog. Its amazing truly. I wait daily to check on your blog if there are any new posts :) Your style is perfect! So much to learn from you. Would appreciate if you visit my blog and drop me a feedback.
    Cheers
    Ritika
    www.risingcolors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute outfit, it's like a casual pin up look. Lovely post xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous look...definitely feeling a little 70's/80's which I think is great. And the abstract print on the bag is beautiful, I'd hang that up in my house.

    http://britspolkadotlife.blogspot.it/2012/03/gracelynn-rose-designs-giveaway.html

    Britney

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice shorts and top. You look so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Me encantan los shorts <3
    Un beso!

    ReplyDelete
  17. lo mejor del look es la camisa!!
    un besito. elena :)
    http://thecollagelife.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Not many people can pull off high waist shorts like this, you look absolutely adorable!! And I love the colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  19. absolutely adorable! love that you tied the top!

    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. me encantan esos shorts Dany!
    Besos
    Pau

    ReplyDelete
  21. ¡Qué linda! Me encantó la combinación de colores y la vibra retro que le diste al look :) Saludos Dany.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I adore your short and top!
    -http://mitchinheels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Me gusta mucho el look!! la camisa es genial y el tono del pantalon me encanta!! los zapatos tambien muy bonitos!

    chicas hoy en mi blog lamaryeta.blogspot.com hago un repaso al estilo de Diane Kruger, si quieren opinar o dejar cualquier comentario ya saben!

    besos y feliz dia!

    lamaryeta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Muy linda la combinación, me encantan los shorts con talle altos; tus zapatos son hermosos

    http://babytrendy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. i love the mustard corduroy shorts for spring!

    shesheglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Me gusta el toque retro que le dan los shorts! Las cuñas, preciosas!

    xxx
    - Laura
    http://ucouldbemysomeone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ahhh, que pasada, me miré tu blog enterito che, sos preciosa, te robaba el armario entero. Otra fan más que te podés ir sumando, porque por acá me voy a pasar muuuuy seguido. Por cierto, me recordas a Jodie Foster en Taxi Driver, solo te falta la pamela. Un besito.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow those shorts are amazing! You look hott :) Gorgeous dear!

    xoxo,
    Rachel
    www.rachelslookbook.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. me encantan las sandalias

    gaby-acentralamericangirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. you look absolutely fabulous!!!!

    I'm following you, if you like do the same!

    Alessia

    THE CHILI COOL


    FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  31. Adore that tote! Went to check out the Etsy shop and now I want them all.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Adore that tote! Went to check out the Etsy shop and now I want them all.

    ReplyDelete
  33. so nice this rereo feeling !!! :)


    xxx
    Marina ,

    http://butterflyeffectweb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  34. preciosa con ese top, genial look :P

    besitos!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I am always so jealous because of the nice weather you have !

    ReplyDelete
  36. como siempre, divina!!! me encantaron los zapatos... muy bien!!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Nice outfit, Love the shorts

    http://bee-thatgirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love the outfit!!<3 but I thik that if you took that bag off,it would it been even more amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  39. What a lovely tote! I also love the shoes... sure retro!
    xo
    Helena

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love your top dear!

    Arra
    theprincessonthebrink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. I really love your blog and style! You're so cute!
    I'm following you right now! I hope you will stop by my blog and follow me back!
    chherrs

    Follow
    thefashiontwice.com
    facebook page
    twitter

    ReplyDelete