A touch of Rock&Roll

Friday, March 16, 2012

Photobucket

The other day I was talking with my blogger friend  Steffy about how to keep the blog fresh (meaning that we don't want to bore out readers) while keeping our signature style. Reason why I wanted to try more of a "rocker" look while still being ME.  If you saw my wish list for March, you know I've been looking for an 80s band shirt like crazy- and I finally found it... at Target (at the men's section, it's a size small!). I paired with this amazing pleated "leather"skirt and my favorite ankle booties. My day started doing a final project for my "trends" class, I swear my living room was full of magazine cut-outs! After that, my boyfriend picked me up to have sushi (if you live in Miami, I totally recommend this place. It's called Sushi Café and they have the best chicken sushi ever). Then we headed to the mall because my bf was looking for a pair of black jeans and I want a hat that I couldn't find. At Forever 21, a girl came to say hi and tell me that she reads my blog (such a great feeling!). I hope you are having an amazing weekend! XOXO
__________________________

El otro día estaba hablando con mi amiga bloggera Steffy sobre como mantener el blog fresco ( es decir, no aburrir a las lectoras) pero manteniendo nuestro estilo. Razón por la cual quise intentar un look más "roquero" pero que todavía siga siendo "YO".  Tenía desde el mes pasado buscando una camisa tipo de bandas de los 80s (se acuerdan de mi lista de compras de marzo?)- y finalmente la encontré en Target... pero en el departamento de hombres (si! de hombres!). La combiné con mi falda de pliegues de cuero y mis botines de taches. Mi día empezó haciendo un mega proyecto para la clase de "Tendencias de moda"- les juro que toda mi sala estaba llena de recortes de revistas. Luego fui a comer sushi con mi novio (Si viven en Miami, les recomiendo el sitio; se llama Sushi Café y tienen el mejor sushi de pollo de todo el mundo!). Después nos fuimos al mall porque mi novio estaba buscando unos jeans y yo quería un sombrero- pero nada que lo conseguí. En Forever 21 me encontré con una lectora que me saludo, de verdad que no tiene precio- me ha pasado un par de veces y les juro que quedo con una sonrisa todo el día. Un abrazo a todas! FELIZ FIN DE SEMANA!

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Guess Watch + Lam&Flag bracelets


Photobucket

Photobucket
BCBG ankle booties

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

52 comments

  1. omg you look incredibly stunning! i freaking adore your outfit its so effortlessly cool and stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! que rocker te ves! me gusto este outfit, es algo diferente pero aun asi te ves girly.

    http://dancingwithtearsgf.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me gustó mucho tooodo tu look ya que me encanta ese look rockero :) dime como hiciste el pelo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that skirt! Your hair is fab. Steffy is one of my fave bloggers! And it's good to try new things. the rocker look suits you!!! :)
    Rory
    www.WearAboutsBlog.com
    Follow me on CHICTOPIA

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry one more thing. I see some bloggers shop in the Men's department. What makes you look there? I mean I'd never know to look in men's unless id specifically seen something I wanted there in a magazine or on a blogger lol :) How do you know to look in the Men's? Or is it just having a boyfriend that helps hehe? :)
    Rory
    www.WearAboutsBlog.com
    Follow me on CHICTOPIA

    ReplyDelete
  6. totally in love with your outfit <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. me gusta este look, nunca te habíamos visto así y te queda bien

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! I love it! I love it! I love it! I love it! I love it!

    I really do, you look so adorable but very rocker chic, love it chica!

    Love, Diana
    Blog: Dirty Diana's Style Blog
    Facebook: Dirty Diana's Facebook Page
    Twitter: Dirty Diana's Twitter
    Tumblr: Dirty Diana's Tumblr
    Pinterest: Dirty Diana's Pinterest
    Instagram: dirttydiana,Dirty Diana's Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  9. segui apostando por el look roker te queda muy lindoo...feliz x vos q te encontraste con esa lectora a mi me encantaria encontrarte en la calle pero soy de argentina jeje creo que empezaria a gritar de la emocion ya q te sigo hace masomenos hace 2 años y me super encanta tu blog... aprendi mucho gracias a vos yahora me estoy animando a hacer mi propio blog pero voy de a poquito ya que estoy aprendiendoo... saluditooos

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dany adoro tu cabello ya lo sabes … and I love all your posts :) cuando valla a Miami we need a post juntas :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. que linda tu ropa me encanta tu pelo como lo hiciste?

    ReplyDelete
  12. This such an effortless look. Great outfit!
    inthe-blue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow! I absolutely love this look on you! When I saw it, I was surprised because this usually isn't you, but you totally pull it off! I love it and am definitely adding it to my inspiration folder. Your hair looks gorgeous and I love that pleated skirt! <3

    toni

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the mix up from the shirt with the skirt.... great done !!!
    xxx
    stephaniehadrath.blogspot.com shbyhadrath.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like this different side of you - so versatile!

    Monochrome Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Linda, amei seu look!
    seu cabelo ficou muito lindo.
    beijao

    www.tracasebaratas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love old style music t-shirts but I always feel a little nervous if I don't listen to the band. This look is great though, making me want to bite the bullet and buy one.

    Ria x
    miniinstilettos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. fashion girl!justamente hace unos dias habia posteado en mi blog sobre las faldas tableadas!genial tu look!
    besitos guapa!
    http://natyfashionworld.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
  19. me encanta dani!... y me gusta lo que hiciste con tu cabello, diferente y lindo...

    un abrazo
    milena
    www.milenalovesthis.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. you look so PERFECT !
    and, that boot, omg ! *u* hahaha

    xoxo

    http://as3-marias.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. AW dani!! i love love this outfit!!!! :) :)

    xo!

    ReplyDelete
  22. ese mismo look pero con unos converse debe lucir bien chevere!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Qué bien te queda este estilo!! Yo nunca me canso de ver tus outfits! Me gusta mucho tu estilo y cada vez que hay post nuevo, en cuanto puedo lo leo!

    ¡Un beso!

    http://quierounblogdemoda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Me encanta, tu estilo y como combinas las prendas!! You rock!!
    Te sigo :)
    Besitos
    The Sky

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your outfit is so cool, love it! :)

    Check out our new post:

    http://fashionflirtblog.blogspot.de/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. You look fabulous!! I love the skirt! xo, Christina

    http://www.styleclouds.de

    ReplyDelete
  27. oh my god, you're so pretty! and i like your style :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Awesome look! I love your t shirt! <3

    xoxo
    http://martiinfashionland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. you look so good !!! :D
    Perfect combination !!!

    You can also visit my page ! :)

    xxx
    Marina ,

    http://butterflyeffectweb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. bellísima dany en verdad siempre t escribo esto y lo seguiré haciendo eres nuestra I N S P I R A C I Ó N
    no sé si t de tiempo de leer estos comentarios, me gustaría k subieras unas fotitos de tus eventos de gala coktel, bodas, XV etc para k nos inspiremos cuando tengamos ese tipo de eventos, saludos un beso y bonito fin de semana :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great look ! I love the boots.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Genial la combinación de la camiseta y la falda plisada que ahora es tendencia!

    blog.tuasesora.es

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love this look on you. You look super cute. I have the same skirt, but from my webstore.

    ReplyDelete
  34. siempre tan bella!!! el outfit de hoy es perfecto 100%

    ReplyDelete
  35. Te sienta bien refrescar el blog y mostrar algo diferente a lo que nos tienes acostumbrados, por algo eres una de nuestras bloggers preferidas...¿lo mejor? que eres venezolana.¡Yay! Besos enormes.

    ReplyDelete
  36. beautiful!!! love it!
    how did you do this hair? perfect!
    i'm brazilian and, in my opinion, your blog is one of the best!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hola preciosa!!que tal??jope hacía mucho que no em pasaba!!la verdad que con este look em sorprendiste, ya que nos sueles acostumbar a looks más romanticos y lady, y este tan rompedor me gustó mucho!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. lovely outfit and cute photos! :)

    http://themartynar.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  39. pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee do a hair tutorial:)

    ReplyDelete
  40. I've never seen such wonderful ankle boots! Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  41. In love skirt, i love blog. Looks beautifuls.
    http://www.closetdetendencia.com.br
    Keyla - Brasil

    ReplyDelete
  42. wow que estilo
    es muy lindo y supiste combinar esa playera de hombre.
    te ves muy bien
    besos Dany...♥

    ReplyDelete
  43. OMG AMAZIIIIIIING LOOK

    //SARA

    ReplyDelete